There is a small white pine, only about 7 feet tall, just behind my condo that I would like to let Bob into. So far I have been stopping him at the base. I would like to jsut make sure that this (sap, bark, needles) has not proven to be toxic to igs. I don't think so as I know it is safe for us, I have steeped tea from needles while camping even.
Pine resin is suspected to have some of the same qualities as cedar, however being outdoors I doubt it is much of a risk. The concern I would have is the sap. As a bonsai hobbyist I am all too familiar with pine pitch. Once you get it on you it requires solvent to get it off! If Bob gets into an area where the sap is bleeding and gets it on him you are going to have one sticky iguana!