Post by prism_wolf on Oct 28, 2007 17:00:36 GMT -8
Updated info: You don't need to click on the image button to add pictures, but you do need to use one of the free photohosting sites listed above. Sign up for your account and upload your pictures to the account. You will then have options on the picture for how you want to present it depending on the host. I use almost exclusively imageshack.us because of the thumbnail option.
After choosing which resized photo you want to add to your post:
1) In the "Action" box to the right choose "Upload Image".
2) A window will pop up with the Browse" button and a "Resize Image" option. If you haven't resized your picture in you personal file then choose no larger than the 800x600 option with the drop-down menu arrow. Most pictures will even be fine on the 640x480 size option. Make sure the box to the left is checked by clicking on it. The other box is just to have the bar at the bottom of the picture show up with the picture size listed on the bottom or not. I usually leave this box checked.
3) Click "Upload".
4) One the picture is finished uploading - click the first "i" icon on the top of the choices to the right next to that picture. A window will pop up with your picture and codes.
5) There are two "Forum" options. The first one is for Full Size pictures and the second if for the Thumbnail Size listed to the left of the different lines of code. Left click once on the code and it will automatically highlight.
6) Right click and from the little pop-up - choose "copy".
7) Go to your post and click anywhere in it and right click. From the little pop-up choose "paste".
Finish your post and choose the "Preview" option next to "Post Reply" to see what your post looks like. You can change it if it's not right and then when you have it all figured out click "Post Reply".
1) Choose "Browse". If you have more than three pictures to upload at a time choose "add more". These automatically upload into a 640x480 size pic. There is an "options" to click on for other sizes to choose from.
2) Click "UPLOAD".
3) Left click once one the IMG code and follow steps 6 & 7 to complete the actions.
It's easier than it looks, but I hope the step-by-step helps. As you can see...photobucket is a little more straight forward and has less options to confuse. There are other easy ones to choose too. Another site is www.websots.com . I think I have this one...but I'm not sure. I would have to do a search for that... .